Choosing to pursue treatment for a substance use or mental health concern can be intimidating and scary. We understand the impact this decision will make on your life. We are glad you have chosen to take the first step in seeking help.
To schedule an assessment/intake appointment to High Focus Centers for yourself or someone else, call (800) 877-3628 in New Jersey and Connecticut or call (866) 204-7306 in Georgia and North Carolina.
What happens after I call to schedule an assessment?
1. Admissions requests client information
- Our admissions staff member takes general client information including your name, birth date, contact and insurance information, as well as a brief description of current symptoms or substance use.
- Family members, doctors, social workers, EAPs or therapists can contact us on your behalf to schedule the initial appointment, if necessary.
2. Admissions schedules a Level of Care Assessment (LOCA)
- Admissions will help determine which High Focus Centers site is best suited for you based on the programming available. They will then schedule your LOCA with one of the clinicians at that site.
- The purpose of the admissions interview is simply to schedule a LOCA. It is not a clinical evaluation.
- In the case of an emergency call, the intake coordinator will gather information to determine if you are in imminent danger. If it is an emergency, you will be referred to your local emergency room or 911 for immediate assistance and to ensure that you receive the appropriate higher level of care. Otherwise, you will be registered and scheduled for the first available and mutually agreeable initial appointment with High Focus Centers.
3. Telehealth Level of Care Assessment (LOCA)
- At the scheduled time and date, log into our BlueJeans video conferencing system with the login information emailed to them by the admissions team. Please note that adolescent patients must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- In order to complete the assessment, you will need access to reliable internet, a front-facing camera, and a working email address to receive consents and telehealth links. A smart phone (iPhone, Android, etc.) can be used. If you do not have internet, Comcast is offering 2 months of Free High Speed Internet if you apply before April 30th.
- During the LOCA, an experienced clinician will work with you to determine the level of care necessary to achieve your treatment goals.
- LOCAs take between 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes to complete depending on which program is appropriate.
- The High Focus Centers clinician will explain your insurance coverage and review any out-of-pocket requirements during this assessment process.
- If a completed assessment indicates that you should pursue outpatient (OP), intensive outpatient (IOP), or partial care treatment with High Focus Centers, we can admit within 24-48 hours, or potentially the same day, depending on the next scheduled session day.
- Our assessment may determine that you require a higher level of care than we offer. If this is the case, we would refer you to our network of trusted partners. Any professional referrals to outside treatment centers or community resources that come about as a result of the assessment are based on your identified needs and best interests.
Whether or not you pursue treatment with High Focus Centers following the assessment process, we will remain an available resource for questions, support, and other needs.
Our intake fax number is (973) 909-4049.