Intensive Outpatient Programs
The Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program at High Focus Centers helps the individual to remain abstinent, engage in the twelve-step recovery process, and return to a normal, productive life. Treatment is comprised of individual, group, family and educational therapies, all integrated within the context of the twelve-step model of recovery. The unique needs of each patient are considered carefully in determination of proper course and intensity of treatment. We provide day and evening programs 2-5 days a week for 3 hours per day, as well as a comprehensive family program, a Saturday relapse prevention program, and psychiatric evaluations and follow-up sessions, as needed.
High Focus Centers also provides specialized opiate addiction interventions, and utilizes opiate protocols to address the risk of relapse and overdose for those in early recovery from opiate addiction. This includes:
- Weekly breakout groups using Hezeldon’s “Quitting Heroin” curriculum
- Psychiatric evaluations for all patients presenting with a co-occurring illness
- Signing of an acknowledgement of the risk of relapse on opiates
- Recommendation of medical assisted treatment (where appropriate)
- Mandatory involvement of a sober support person from the patient’s home environment, preferably a family member
In addition to evidence-based practices, we offer holistic treatments as part of our integrative approach to addiction recovery. This includes mindfulness, experiential therapy, expressive art therapy, yoga for recovery, and pet therapy.
Outpatient Substance Abuse Groups
Many patients who graduate intensive outpatient programs have flourished in the group setting and wish to continue in the milieu at a lower level of care. Others may be working with an outpatient substance abuse professional in the community and wish to complement their individual counseling with a weekly group session.
Fortitude and Focus is a weekly substance abuse group for adults who are seeking additional support finding the strength and resilience needed to move forward. A sixteen week curriculum leverages the power of group therapy in offering peer-support, social acceptance, and a shared hope that anyone can be successful in recovery.
Those who join Fortitude and Focus can expect:
- Group meetings once weekly for one hour
- 16-week curriculum of education and psychotherapy
- Collaboration with outside treating clinicians (if applicable)
- Individual sessions as appropriate
- In-network with most insurance