It is estimated that as many as 30 million Americans are affected by eating disorders ranging from anorexia, bulimia, etc. Because there are a wide variety of stressors that may lead to an eating disorder, every case is unique. That’s why, at Seeds of Hope at High Focus Centers, we create a treatment plan customized to a client’s unique needs. No two treatment plans are alike.
As you prepare to begin eating disorder treatment at High Focus Centers, you may feel anxiety around what the future holds. Here is what you can expect:
Determining the Level of Care Needed
Before starting treatment, each patient meets with a High Focus Centers licensed clinician as well as a medical professional for an evaluation. These individuals specialize in diagnosing and treating the full spectrum of eating disorders.
These initial meetings are meant to assess the psychiatric and medical state of the patient. It is important to obtain this information for any subsequent treatment to be effective. The appropriate level of treatment is then determined, and a customized treatment plan is created.
Full-Scale Treatment Team
At High Focus Centers, our treatment staff is comprised of highly-trained and experienced professionals. Together, we have the ability and capacity to help adults struggling with an eating disorder. Our team consists of:
- Board-certified Psychiatrist
- Licensed Clinicians
- Registered Dietitian
- Consulting Physician
- Mental Health Associates
- Art Therapist
- Certified Yoga Instructor
Holistic Treatment Techniques and Services
We believe that effective eating disorder treatment should follow an integrated model where a variety of techniques are used. This way, the client is effectively treated and provided the tools to maintain healthy lifestyle choices. Features of our treatment programs include:
- Supervised and Supported Meals – Clients receive meals that are prepared by a registered dietician and overseen by treatment professionals.
- Meal Preparation Training – Part of the curriculum of recovery skills training to solidify healthy food choices after eating disorder treatment.
- Post-Meal Journaling – In small groups, clients write down their thoughts and feelings about a meal.
- Holistic Therapies – Our treatment team employs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to address and change harmful behaviors.
- Psychiatric Evaluation & Monitoring – A comprehensive initial evaluation is followed by ongoing psychiatric and medical monitoring as eating disorder treatment progresses to ensure the overall health of the client.
Our treatment team utilizes these and other evidence-based treatment models to help each individual client. We get to the root of an eating disorder and help the person correct harmful behaviors.
A Path to a Healthier Life
If you are preparing to start treatment (or are currently seeking treatment), then you have taken the biggest step in overcoming an eating disorder. You may understandably feel anxious or nervous about what to expect from treatment. These are just a few things you can expect from treatment at Seeds of Hope at High Focus Centers to help you achieve a healthier life.
If you or someone you love are struggling with an eating disorder, our team is here to help. To learn more about our treatment programs, or to just have a friendly, non-judgmental conversation, get in touch with our team. See how we may be able to provide assistance.